You can easily take a screenshot on Windows 10 computers by using various methods. You can also easily convert the taken screenshot into PDF. But many people are not aware of the methods to convert a Screenshot into the PDF. Here in this post, we will guide you to save a screenshot as PDF by using different methods. Before going to the methods, make sure your printer has a default option as Microsoft Print to PDF. If not, follow the instructions given below to set it as the default printer.
|Screenshot as PDF in Windows 10
How to set Microsoft Print to PDF as the default printer?:
To save the screenshot as a PDF, first, you have to set your default printer as Microsoft print to PDF on your system. Click on the start menu on your computer and go to the settings page. In that navigate to devices and then choose ‘Printers and Scanners’ in the left menu. If Microsoft Print to PDF is already set as your default printer, you will see it in your list of possible printing options. If it does not exist in the list, next you should choose the ‘Add Printers or Scanner’ option. Then You Can Also Check hik connect for PC,
- Once you select that option, Windows will try to search the printer you specify, but it will not succeed.
- After Windows the search, you have to select the option ‘The printer that I want is not listed’.
- Now a new window will open with the options for finding printers. Click on the ‘Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings’ option at the bottom.
- In the following window, a drop-down menu will appear next to the option to use an existing port. Open it and choose ‘File: (Print to file)’ and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now you will see the list of manufacturers and printers to choose. In that, you have to choose Microsoft as printers and then locate the ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ from the printers by scroll through the list.
- After clicking Next, you will be given the choice of using or replacing the driver that is already installed. Use the current driver to make things uncomplicated.
- You can name the PDF feature for printing, and stick with its default name for easy detection. Click on the ‘Next’. That’s all. Now Microsoft Print to PDF is your default printer.
Using Windows 10 Photo App:
Photo app of windows 10 allows you to save a screenshot or any other image file like JPG, PNG, etc. in a PDF format. Let’s see the procedure to save the screenshot as PDF by using the photo app.
- Open the screenshot which you want to convert into a PDF and right-click on it.
- From the menu, click ‘open with’ option and choose ‘Photos’.
- Once the image has opened up in the photos, click the see more icon (three dots) at the top right side of the screen. Click the ‘Print’ option from the drop-down menu
- This will open another dialog box where you can select the printer from the options.
- Select the ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ which you already set as the default printer and then click ‘Print’.
- A dialog box will be open on your screen where you have to enter the file name, select file location and then click on the ‘Save’.
- Now your screenshot is saved as PDF on the selected location.
Method 2: Using Paint App:
You can also use the paint app on your system to save the screenshot as PDF. Simply follow the below-given steps,
|save the screenshot as PDF
- Go to the location where the screenshot which you want to convert into PDF is saved and right-click on it.
- From the menu, click ‘open with’ option and choose ‘Paint’.
- After the screenshot is opened in the paint app, select the ‘file’ option at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then you have to choose the ‘print’ option to select the ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’.
Using Internet Explorer or any other browser:
You can easily use your browser to save the screenshot as a PDF even without any internet connection. This method is almost the same as the above-mentioned methods. Simply right on the screenshot which you want to save as PDF and open it with internet explorer or any other browser of your choice. After the screenshot opened up in the browser, press Ctrl + P at the same time, which will open the print window. Select Microsoft Print to PDF from the printer option. Another dialog box will be open on your screen where you have to enter the file name, select file location and then click on the ‘Save’.
|PDF even without any internet
Using third party image to PDF converter:
You can also use any third-party converters to convert screenshot or image file into the PDF format. There are many converters available on the internet. You can use both online converters as well as desktop converters. Some of the online converters are Smallpdf, pdf converter, JPG2PDF, etc. You can install desktop converters like icecream pdf converter, TalkHelper PDF converter, Apowersoft image to PDF converter, etc on your Windows 10 computer and use it offline.
|Third-party image to PDF converter
We will share with you all the possible ways to save the screenshot as PDF on Windows 10 computer. Hope this post can help you.
Related to Screenshot as PDF in Windows 10:
- how to save the screenshot as pdf windows 10.
- screenshot to pdf windows.
- print screen to pdf windows 10.
- how to save the screenshot as pdf windows 7.
- save the screenshot as pdf android.
- how to save the print screen as pdf windows 10.
- how to screenshot on windows 10.
- how to save a screenshot as a pdf on mac.