GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) is one of the most popular ways to share your feelings or emotions and convey messages on social media such as Twitter. When any members upload a GIF on Twitter, it always converts GIFs into MP4 videos to improve the performance of their site, as videos load much faster than an animated GIF as well as video format consumes less MB than a GIF. This is the only reason why you can’t directly save GIFs from twitter by simply right-clicking on the GIF. But many people want to download that GIF to share them with friends and family outside Twitter. If you are a person, then this post will help you. In this post, we will share different ways to save GIFs from twitter for the majority of a platform like PC, Android phone and iOS devices. Then You Can Also try Picsart for pc.
|How To Save GIFs From Twitter|
How to save GIFs from Twitter on PC:
Method 1: Using EZGIF :
EZGIF is an online tool for creating and editing the animated GIFs. You can use this tool on your PC to save GIFs from Twitter. Simply follow the given steps below.
|EZGIF is an online tool|
- Open your Twitter account on any web browser and then go to GIF which you want to save.
- You can see a down arrow on the top right side of the post and click on it. From the list of the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Copy link to Tweet’ option.
- Now open the new tab on the browser and type this URL: https://ezgif.com/optimize in the address bar and press enter.
- This takes you to the website of EZGIF where you can edit, create GIF and also you can convert video into a GIF by using this website.
- In that page, you have to paste the copied tweet link in the ‘Paste image URL’ field and press upload option.
- Doing so will take you to another page which shows the details of the converted file.
- Once the GIF is ready, you can do some edits by using different options available on the page. The options are crop, resize, rotate, frames, effects, write, speed and optimize.
- Use these options if you want to do edits on GIF and then click on the ‘Save’ option in the top right to download that GIF on your PC. That’s it.
Using Google Chrome Extension:
This is an alternative method to save GIFs from Twitter on your PC. If you are using the Google Chrome browser on your PC, you can an extension called ‘Twitter Video Assist’. It is a useful chrome extension to save GIFs from Twitter. Below are the steps to download Twitter Video Assist.
|GIFs from Twitter on your PC|
- Go to the chrome web store on Google chrome browser and search for ‘Twitter Video Assist’.
- Click on the desired result and then click ‘Add to chrome’ to get the extension.
- Now the browser will install Twitter Video Assist as a chrome extension. Once it added to the chrome, you can simply save the GIF from Twitter.
- All you have to do is click the down arrow next to the GIF which you want to save from Twitter. It will prompt the browser to automatically download the GIF just like any normal image.
- How to save GIFs from Twitter on Android Phone?
Method 1: Using EZGIF on Android:
You can use this online tool from your Android as well to download GIF from Twitter. Simply follow steps
- Open the Twitter app on your phone and go to the tweet from where you want to save the GIF.
- Tap on the ‘Share Tweet via’ icon which looks like an up arrow. It will show some options, in that click on ‘Copy link’.
- Now open the EZGIF website on your browser and go to Video to GIF tab and paste the copied link in the blank field under ‘OR paste video URL’
- Then click on the upload video option. Now you will get some options related to the change and set them to get the best result. After that, click on the ‘convert to GIF’ option.
- After the conversion, click on ‘Save’ that will save the file to your gallery.
Method 2: Using a third-party application:
You can also third-party applications to download GIFs from Twitter. There are numerous applications available in the Play store for that purpose. Here, we explained the steps by using Tweet2gif which is a free and popular app that converts your GIF from twitter into a downloadable format.
- First, install the Tweet2gif app from the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Now open the Twitter app from the app drawer of your phone and then locate the GIF which you want to save.
- Click on the share icon at the bottom right corner of the GIF.
- Now a list of sharing options will appear on the screen including recently downloaded Tweet2gif. Tap on it.
- It opens a Tweet2gif window containing the full URL of the selected GIF.
- Click on the ‘Download GIF’ option under the URL. It will download the GIF onto your phone’s gallery. You are done.
How to save GIFs from Twitter on iOS devices:
You can easily save GIFs from Twitter by using GIFwrapped application which is available on the Apple Store for free. This application works well on both iPad and iPhone which have iOS 9 or later.
|GIFs from Twitter|
Install the GIFwrapped app from the Apple store.
- Then open the Twitter app on your iOS device and then scroll to the GIF you want to save.
- Click on the GIF to open it. You can see the row of icon beneath that GIF, in that click on the upward arrow.
- Then select ‘Share tweet via’ from the list of options and choose ‘Copy link’.
- It will give you a notification that lets you know the link of the tweet is copied on the clipboard.
- Now, launch the GIFwrapped app and tap on the search option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Use the clipboard’ option at the top of the screen and you will see a preview of the GIF file.
- Tap the GIF and then click on the sharing icon (upward arrow). In the menu tap on ‘save to library’ at the bottom. This saves GIF to your camera roll.
We have provided some simple and easy methods to save your GIF from Twitter. Use any of the above-mentioned methods based on your device as well as in which you are comfortable with. Hope this post can help you.
Related to How To Save GIFs From Twitter:
- how to save gifs from twitter iPhone.
- how to save gifs from twitter on android.
- how to save a gif from twitter on mac.
- save gif from twitter chrome.
- ezgif twitter.
- twitter gif compression.
- mp4 to gif.
- how to save gifs from twitter on pc.